Sunday, August 17, 2008

All That Glitters...Coming in 2009

News flash! I've received a contract for my first historical novel. All That Glitters is set during the Gilded Age in Newport, Rhode Island, and will be published by Heartsong Presents, the romance line of Barbour Publishing.

While I'm trying to get another proposal out the door--the first of a contemporary series--I'm also looking forward to making the story of Francesa Wallingford and Alfred Finley come to life.

The Gilded Age came about during America's era of industry. Long before the era of Donald Trump, giants named Vanderbilt and Astor became the new elite. In this age of opportunity, these families spent money and lived large like no one else had thus far in our country.
No matter what their station in life, young women had little choices then, and such a golden environment often transformed itself into a gilded cage.
Then for me came the magnificent what if that we writers love stumbling over: What if a young woman raised in her family's burgeoning wealth, grows tired and bored with the confining opulence? And what if a young woman's childhood friend returns, and he's the very man her mother doesn't want her to marry?
I don't have a release date for this book yet, but I expect it to be available to book club members in late 2009, and in the general market in 2010. Eventually All That Glitters will be offered in a compilation book set titled Rhode Island Brides along with two other novels written by Darlene Franklin and Tamela Hancock Murray.

1 comment:

Rene Perez said...

Oh I can't wait! I love when you update your blog and this was a wonderful surprise this morning.